Thurs 1/23: 350Mass Action MetroWest’s first full-scale meeting
We learned in the last legislative session that we need to get more climate progressives elected to the
Statehouse. We also need Senator Ed Markey, co-author of the federal Green New Deal bill, to win his primary challenge. And we want to pass local resolutions next election day urging the House to adopt more transparent rules, so we can better hold our reps accountable to us.
350Mass, as a non-profit organization, is limited in its ability to work on such electoral campaigns. That’s why, across the statewide network, the call has gone out to grow and energize local chapters of 350Mass Action. We need to beef up its people power and financial resources in order to tackle the above challenges in 2020.
Please join us! Our special guest will be Cabell Eames, Legislative Director for Better Future Project and 350Mass. We may also be welcoming an organizer from the Markey campaign! Together, we will:
- Learn about 350Mass Action and how you can become a member. You can also do so right now here.
- Elect a treasurer and a liaison to the new 350Mass State Political Team.
- Prepare to participate in town Democratic caucuses (coming up soon!).
- Strategize for which progressive challengers to support and how.
- Discuss the ballot initiative plans and how we can get it done in our districts.
Thursday, Jan 23, 7-9pm, Peace Lutheran Church, 107 Concord Road, Wayland
Light refreshments will be available.
For more information about climate change visit: