10/3/19 – 10 Ways to Get Involved in the Climate Movement
Looking for ideas on how you can get involved? Below is a list of some opportunities coming up.
All Together Now
Sustained, Coordinated, Relentless, Collective Climate Action
Metrowest Action Card October 3, 2019
Oct 5, Melrose, 1 to 5 pm: 350MA Statewide Legislative Team meeting. One or two non-SLT members from our Node can also attend if interested; contact Larry or Paul if interested
Oct. 10, Weymouth, 7pm come to Abigail Adams school, 89 Middle St, East Weymouth, MA 02189 to pack the room for the Public Involvement Plan Meeting and oppose the proposed compressor station. Details here.
Oct. 13: HONK! The Festival of Activist Street Bands runs in Cambridge and Somerville from Oct. 11th-13th. Wear your 350 shirts, bring a friend, and join the culminating parade on Sunday, October 13. We’ll meet at 11am in Davis Square in the parking lot at Day and Herbert St (behind Starbucks). When the parade starts at noon, we’ll march with signs and our “Charlie Baker” puppet to Harvard Square. We’ll urge parade-watchers to take climate action and join the movement!
Oct. 17, Natick, 7 – 9 pm: Green New Deal Town Hall. Need volunteers to show up early wearing 350MA t-shirt to help set up etc.
Oct. 19, Sudbury, 10am -3 pm: Tabling for 350MA at Sudbury Harvest Fair. More “tablers” welcome; if interested, see Tom, Tim, or Paul.
Nov. 3, Wayland (Brandeis Campus), 10 am – 5 pm?: 350MA statewide summit; all are welcome. (details in email blast)
Weymouth Compressor Station: HERE ARE FOUR THINGS YOU CAN DO:
- Please share this information widely, and pledge resistance to Weymouth Compressor Station. The people of Weymouth need our help: give information about what you’d be willing to do here. They need many people to sign up!
- On 10/10 at 7pm come to Abigail Adams school in Weymouth, 89 Middle St, East Weymouth, MA 02189 to pack the room for the ‘Public Involvement Plan Meeting. Details here.
- Charlie Baker needs to be publicly shamed for not yet stopping the Weymouth Compressor. Bird dog sign to print and hold Signup to bird-dog here. Facebook Pagehere.
- We need to keep the phone lines ringing for Weymouth! Everyone should make 3 calls to stop the Compressor. Enbridge anticipates construction starting on 11/1/19.
- Charlie Baker at 617-725-4005,
- DEP Commissioner Martin Suuberg at 617-292-5536, and
- EEA Secretary Theoharides at 617-626-1000
and ask them:
- How can construction begin without the proper permits?