Call Your Legislators this Valentine’s Day
Our legislative campaign is picking up real steam. Last week, all of our bills were either moved out of committee or were given extensions so that they might continue the process! That means we are on track to pass meaningful climate policy, like increasing the amount of renewable energy utility companies have to buy and reforming the Department of Public Utilities.
Today, we are working to keep the momentum rolling by gathering with our allies in Mass Power Forward to lobby our legislators on Beacon Hill. Even if you can’t be there, we need your help! Please take just five minutes to call your state legislators by using our call scriptand ask them to work to pass the following important policies:
1. a 3% increase in the Renewable Portfolio Standard
2. Reform to the Department of Public Utilities and banning the pipeline tax (H.3400)
3. Extension of solar benefits to low-income populations (h.3396)
4. Codification of the Patrick-era environmental justice regulations (H.2913)
5. Setting 2030 and 2040 emission reduction goals (H.2149)
After completing your calls, please remember to log your experience here so that we know which legislators were reached. The next few months are absolutely crucial. Utility companies and big business interests in Massachusetts want our representatives to reject climate progress and make us shoulder the burden for more dirty energy. The only way that we’ll beat them is together.
Legislative Manager, 350 Mass